Account structure validation error can be encountered by the Dynamics 365 Finance and Operations users which in effect fails to recognize the main account in totality during validation or posting process.
This issue can be encountered when validating/simulate posting or during posting of the voucher.
The issue can either be due to improper account structures or advanced rules or it may simply be synchronisation of data after the account is added to the structure.
Take a look at the error and later check the solution
You must select a value in the Main Account field in Account structure XXX
A similar error in another entry posting encountered as below
The combination was not validated beyond the Main Account
I’ll list down the several ways such problem can be resolved.
- Check if the main account is added to the Account structure. If not add the account to the structure
- Check if there are any advanced rules for the account structure. If yes, verify the advanced rule structures are assigned properly.
- Also, check if the account structure in which the main account exists is included in the Ledger Setup. if not, add the structure to the ledger.
- If the above steps don’t resolve the issue, you can follow the fix below
- Delete the account from the structure, Activate the structure and thereafter add the account back to the structure. Activate the structure one more time. Check if the issue is resolved.
- if the issue persists, delete the accounts from the existing structure and activate the structure. Add the accounts to another structure and activate the structure. Go to Ledger setup and add the newly added structure to the ledger. This will synchronise the records.
- In addition, you can rebuild the balances for the Main account set and update the balances. Sometimes this can also help resolve the issue.
Have you encountered this issue before? Share your solutions on how you resolved it.